The Materials Innovations in Surface Engineering (MISE) Conference will be held at The University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia | 29-31 October 2023.
The international Materials Innovations in Surface Engineering conference, MISE 2023, is a premier surface engineering event.
MISE offers delegates the chance to gain in-depth insights into innovative developments and trends throughout industry, and will provide industry representatives, academic institutions and research centres the opportunity to showcase their skills and foster relationships vital for future collaboration. MISE marshals a broad range of high-quality academic and industrial keynote speakers to deliver papers and presentations that illuminate the critical issues facing the field of surface engineering.
Materials are quickly becoming a key commodity in the global push towards superior functioning industries. Surface engineering is essential in improving material performance to make them more innovative while also lowering production costs, reducing downtime and improving utilisation. This field is particularly important for the economic future of Australia since it is essential for improving the mining and energy industries. There are numerous spin off applications throughout industrial and manufacturing areas. The industry is incredibly broad and can include practices from surface modification via heat or chemical treatment, organic and inorganic coating, as well as plating, weld overlays, thermal or cold spraying.
This conference provides a focused forum for the presentation of advanced research and improved understanding for the diverse aspects of surface engineering. This conference includes invited lectures from internationally distinguished researchers, contributed presentations and posters.
The conference will cover topics such as:
• Coatings and Thin Films for Extreme Industrial Environments
• Surface Modification for Industrial Applications
• Surface Modification for Biomedical Applications
• Modelling and Simulation related to Surface Engineering
• Vacuum Deposition Coatings and Technologies: PVD and CVD
• Thermal Spray Coatings and Technologies
• Weld Overlays and Technologies
• Laser Processing and Technologies
• Characterisation of Surfaces, Coatings and Films
• New Horizons in Coatings and Thin Films
• Educational and Training of Early Career Researchers in Surface Engineering
• Case Histories for Surface Engineering, including Failure Analysis
• Corrosion, Bio-corrosion and Coatings for Corrosion Protection
• Wear of Materials
• Surface modification for Wear and Corrosion Resistance
Why should you participate in MISE?
• Networking opportunities to kick-off and maintain your research profile
• Interacting with leading, global industrialists to promote future activities
• Contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
• Learn of the emerging manufacturing technologies that are on the near-term
• Plus, the weather and climate in Brisbane during spring is fantastic!